Blast from the Past Baby Updates – 2/9/09

Posted by & filed under One Nice Thing About Today.

This morning’s doctor’s appointments took forever! We got there at 7am for an ultrasound, and then waited from 7:30am until 8:15am for the non-stress test (putting the babies on monitors to watch their heart beats). No one was around yet that could approve of how they looked, so I was hooked up for nearly an hour. Then the doctor was late because she was on call in labor and delivery and she finally saw us at 10am. We waited around for them to fix up next week’s appointments and finally got out of there by 10:20am. Sheesh.

So I’m dilated to a 3 and 50% effaced, and they think it’s likely that I’ll go into labor soonish. They are also willing to let me go all the way to 40 weeks, as long as the babies look good still. (Is it worth it to go to another one of these long appointments, just to give myself another week to not be induced? Probably, I guess.) So the hope is that I go into labor as soon as possible, but I still have some time.

The presenting baby is head down, so I can try a vaginal delivery. However, the second baby is breech (has been for a few weeks). This means that once the first is out, they will have to try and turn the second one head down. If they can’t turn her, then they’ll have to do a C-section, since none of the doctors at this hospital are experienced in breech delivery. I’d be willing to try a breech delivery, but I don’t think they really are. That would mean I would be recovering from a vaginal delivery AND a C-section…not fun! But I figure it’s a better option than just scheduling a C-section. So the other hope is that the second one will turn easily when the time comes.

Comments are closed.